Q&A’s with the filmmakers and subjects of BIG BOYS GONE BANANAS!* along special guests this weekend.
What is a big corporation capable of in order to protect its brand? Swedish filmmaker Fredrik Gertten’s experienced this recently. His previous film BANANAS!* (2009) recounts the lawsuit that 12 Nicaraguan plantation workers brought against the fruit giant Dole Food Company.
What follows is an unparalleled thriller that has Gertten capturing the entire process – from DOLE attacking the producers with a defamation lawsuit, bullying scaretactics, to media-control and PR-spin. This personal film reveals precisely how a multinational will stop at nothing to get its way.
- Friday, August 3 – 7:50 PM – Q&A with Filmmaker Fredrik Gertten, lawyer Lincoln Bandlow with filmmaker ONDI TIMONER
- Saturday, August 4 – 5:30 PM and 7:50 PM – Q&A with Filmmaker Fredrik Gertten and lawyer Lincoln Bandlow
- Sunday, August 5 – 5:30 PM – Q&A with Filmmaker Fredrik Gertten and Lincoln Bandlow
- Saturday, August 4 – 11:00 AM – Q&A with filmmaker Fredrik Gertten and Lawyer Lincoln Bandlow with Oscar® Nominated filmmaker LUCY WALKER
- Sunday, August 5 – 11:00 AM – Q&A with filmmaker Fredrik Gertten and Lawyer Lincoln Bandlow